Lean Manufacturing is and will always be a very human process. Traditional planning techniques will always over commit capacity and under commit inventory. They will guarantee that the plan looks lean but the execution is not.
Essentially, they overlook the complexities of their inherent environments—plans are statistically unfeasible. Demand, capacity, operational performance, and inventory are all tightly connected through a set of relationships. Each relationship can be characterized as a linkage made “loose” by lead time and variability factors. Estimates and rules of thumb ignore the impacts, risks, and costs of these factors.
- Create an accurate, believable model that will predict the outcome of your run strategy
- Quantify the risks and rewards–find performance and profitability through your run strategy
- Manufacture a replenishment strategy that will achieve service levels, ship life, and satisfy capacity
- Calculate a statistical safety stock that will assure the ability of your team to follow a run strategy
- Create an executable playbook - believable at the executive level, executable at the plant level
Bottom Line: We give your team the skills to design a rational lean manufacturing strategy and playbook.